Commanding a premier position opposite Hamilton’s world famous Botanical Gardens, you will find ‘The Gables’, this magnificent Queen Anne Federation two storey home which was originally designed by Walter Butler for the Learmonth family in 1907.
Sitting grandly on it’s very generous 2536m2 block and constructed of solid red brick, this expansive 75 square home offers endless opportunities to live comfortably or run a business.
Upon entry you are greeted with an impressive entrance hall, soaring 11’ ornate ceilings, two beautiful reception rooms, grand formal lounge/dining room and a stunning mahogany staircase.
Other features of this stunning home include:
• 5 suite sized bedrooms, 1 with ensuite
• Large open plan family kitchen/informal dining area with full butler’s pantry
• Sitting room with a lovely sunroom leading off it
• 2 additional family bathrooms
• 3rd reception room located on the second floor
• Large laundry & ironing room
• Spacious dry cellar and internal wine cellar
A substantial land holding in the centre of town on two titles, externally this property boasts beautiful gardens including various fruit trees along with a large decked entertaining area, rear access and a fantastic 10 x 8 shed/workshop with toilet and wood heater.
This truly is an outstanding property which must be seen to appreciate its significance.
Call today for an inspection!